Cooking | Easy Healthy Recipes: Banana & Orange Bites
BANANA & ORANGE OAT TODDLER BITES
PREP TIME 5 mins
COOK TIME 10 mins
TOTAL TIME 15 mins
Make these delicious and healthy snacks for kids with just three simple ingredients. Great for toddlers and weaning babies with a few teeth!
Author: Ciara Attwell @ My Fussy Eater
- 1 ripe banana
- 40ml / ¼ cup orange juice
- 75g / 1 cup rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 170c / 340f and line a baking tray with parchment paper or a non stick silicone sheet.
- Mash the banana in a bowl with a fork. Add the orange juice and mix well. Then add the oats and mix together until everything is well combined.
- Take one tablespoon of the oat mixture, shape into a round cookie shape and place on the baking tray. Repeat with the remainder of the mixture. I made 11 bites from this.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
These bites will keep in an airtight container for 2 days.
They can also be frozen. Wrap each bite individually in parchment paper and place them all together in a freezer bag. To defrost simply take out of the freezer and leave for 2 hours. They can also be warmed in the oven or microwave.